Frequently Asked Questions
Clean your jewellery carefully with a soft, non-abrasive and lint-free cloth or chamois; this helps maintain or bring back gold or silver jewellery’s shine.
Always remember that your jewellery should be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off when dressing.
Your jewellery is particularly susceptible to damage from the effects of chemicals present in perfume, hairspray, make-up, nail polish remover, body oils, sun tan lotion and deodorant.
Do not keep jewellery in direct sunlight as prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause many gemstones to fade and lose their colour. Amethyst, rose quartz, chalcedony and smokey quartz are just some of the gemstones that can become paler from exposure to the sun!
Do not swim or shower while wearing gold-plated jewellery, and remove rings when washing your hands. Chlorine, salt water and fresh water can damage precious metals and gemstones by dulling or eroding them. Gold and silver are particularly susceptible to damage from chlorine, which can permanently damage or discolour them. Soapy water when bathing and showering can also leave a thin film, which makes the metal seem dull.